- C.R.E.W. (Coalition to Restore the Eastern Wolf) mission is to ensure the recovery of viable populations of the wolf in as much of its former range in the northeastern United States and southeastern Canada as is feasible [www.easternwolf.org]
- C.W.W.C. (Colorado Wolf & Wildlife Center) Conservation, Education, Preservation [www.wolfeducation.org]
- Defenders of Wildlife [www.defenders.org]
- HOWL Colorado is a group of concerned, informed Coloradans who are looking to educate Americans about the plight of the wolf, dispel the myths from hundreds of years of misinformation about these elusive apex predators, and are actively participating in protecting the future of American wolves. [www.howlcolorado.org]
- Indigo Mountain Nature Center, Inc. was established to create public awareness and inspire respect for all wildlife through education, while providing a variety of specialized services to captive born wildlife. The organization’s primary goal is to educate the public of the plight of wildlife in an effort to prevent endangerment and extinction of entire species. [www.indigomtn.org]
- International Wolf Center advances the survival of wolf populations by teaching about wolves, their relationship to wild lands and the human role in their future. The Center provides useful scientific information and learning opportunities…and supports well-informed dialogue about management of wolfhuman conflict. [www.wolf.org]
- Lake Tahoe Wolf Rescue goal and mission is to save Wolves, Wolfdogs - and dogs that resemble wolves - from abuse, abandonment, neglect and euthanasia; to rehabilitate them both physically and emotionally using a holistic approach; and to foster them until adoption, or a suitable sanctuary is found. LTWR endeavors to educate the public about the right and wrong reasons to own a Wolfdog, and to eventually put an end to the irresponsible breeding of Wolves and Wolfdogs. [www.laketahoewolfrescue.com]
- Mission:Wolf is a peaceful wolf sanctuary located in the remote mountains of Colorado. The refuge serves as an example that illustrates the mistakes of humankind. Our hope is that one day with education and understanding wild wolves and people will co-exist and that sanctuaries for captive wolves will become obsolete. [www.missionwolf.com]
- Natural Resources Defense Council [www.nrdc.org]
- Wild Spirit Wolf Sanctuary operates & manages a lifetime sanctuary for displaced, unwanted & un-releasable captive-bred wolves, wolf-dogs & other related species and educates the general public about them and our environmental & ecological issues related to wildlife.
- W.O.L.F. (Wolves Offered Life & Friendship) was established in order to improve the quality of life for all wolves and wolf-dogs through rescue, sanctuary and education. [www.wolfsanctuary.net]
- Wolf Education Research Center consists of a small army of volunteers, interns, and board members who are directed by the staff to carry out our mission of getting people face to face with wolves and mobilizing the public to action by providing information & engaging outreach about the gray wolf species & its immense values to healthy ecosystems. [www.wolfcenter.org]
- Wolf Haven International is a nonprofit organization whose mission is "working for wolf conservation" by: protecting our wild wolves; providing sanctuary for captive-born wolves; promoting wolf restoration in historic ranges; and educating the public on the value of all wildlife. [www.wolfhaven.org]
- Wolf Park is a nonprofit education and research facility which was established in 1972 by Dr. Erich Klinghammer. Along with research and seminars on wolf behavior, particularly reproductive and inter-pack social behavior, Wolf Park provides interpretive programs [www.wolfpark.org]
As we grow our Sanctuary we are also growing in wisdom and connections to others who have similar goals and aspirations. Check back often for more sites!